FSU newsletterThe FSUs email newsletter contains updates on current events, contests and much more!
Text FSU to 71441 to opt-in to our text messaging service. We send texts out (usually 1 per week) about FSU news, events and contests.
Ontario Colleges' Faculty Strike Update
Updated: October 17 at 4:15 PM
Latest update: Oasis will be closed effective 7 PM on October 16th. The Out Back Shack will be open 11 AM to 7 PM (Weekdays).
The Clothing Swap, Sustainable Joes, Trivia Night, Bike To School Day and Acoustic Afternoons (Oct. 19th); Tony Lee hypnotist show and King of the Dot have all been canceled/or postponed.
The union representing full time and partial load faculty has confirmed that a work stoppage will begin on Monday, October 16, at 12:01 AM
All classes (in person or online) and related testing and exams are cancelled, including full-time, part-time, apprenticeship and continuing education classes for the duration of a strike.
WHAT COLLEGE SERVICES WILL REMAIN OPEN?
All student services on all Fanshawe campuses will remain open in a strike. The Fanshawe website (www.fanshawec.ca/strikehotline
) will be updated frequently with a full list of services and supports that are available to students. This site also provides a series of College issued FAQ for students.
WHAT FSU SERVICES WILL REMAIN OPEN?
In the event of a strike, the Fanshawe Student Union office (SC-1000) will remain open for the duration of the strike. The status of other FSU services available to students will be updated regularly on the Fanshawe Student Union website.
Please visit this page often for the most up-to-date hours for the following FSU services:
WILL THE FSU STILL HOST EVENTS
- The Out Back Shack - 11 AM to 7 PM (Weekdays)
- The Gamesroom and The Biz Booth - Monday to Thursday 9 AM to 8 PM, Friday 9 AM to 7 PM
- The Falcons Nest - Monday to Thursday 7:30 AM to 4 PM, Friday 7:30 AM to 3 PM
- The Pharmacy - Monday to Thursday 9:00 AM to 5 PM, Friday 9 AM to 4 PM
- Fringe Hair Salon - Monday to Friday 9:30 AM to 5 PM
- The Oasis - closed (effective 7 PM on October 16th)
Yes, although some events will be canceled or postponed. Visit this page often for up-to-date status of events.
The following events are still scheduled:
The following events have been postponed: The Clothing Swap; Sustainable Joes; Trivia Night; Bike To School Day; Acoustic Afternoons (Oct. 19th); Tony Lee hypnotist show; King of the Dot
The status of any events taking place after October 20th has not been determined.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I WANT TO COME TO CAMPUS DURING THE STRIKE?
Faculty members will likely hold signs and form a picket line at the entrances to the college. You can cross the picket line and access campus services. Faculty members on the picket line may ask you to wait a few minutes before crossing and entering campus, and may talk to you about the strike. Some other guidelines for crossing the picket line:
WILL THE LONDON TRANSIT COMMISSION BUSES STILL ARRIVE ON CAMPUS IN LONDON?
- Consider public transportation, get dropped off, car pool or enter by foot;
- Respect the picket line; slow down, be courteous and careful;
- Do not attempt a forceful crossing, either personally or in your vehicle;
- Expect large groups of people walking, carrying signs, handing out flyers, and speaking to you briefly;
- Expect delays - allow for extra time;
- Whether walking or driving, accept flyers or brochures and keep conversations pleasant and brief;
- If driving, drive slowly. Stop when necessary. You will be allowed to cross.
London Transit Commission buses will continue to operate, however alternate bus stops will be put in place off campus so that the buses do not need to cross the picket lines. Visit ltconline.ca
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION?